Thread: General Olympics - Brazil 2016
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2016, 13:50   #38
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Olympics - Brazil 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
I've just realised there's something I'm not looking forward to in the athletics - the Brendan Foster/Steve Cram know-it-all-in-tedious-detail commentary style. Do we have to ship out the same old bores every time someone starts to run in circles or up a road?

The repetitiveness is ebbing the life out of me.

And still there are no crowds. Perhaps the sight of self indulgent athletes ingratiating themselves is no longer motivating for the average, skint bystander.
It sounds to me like you're not looking forward to anything all about the athletics ...

And surely the whole point is that these athletes are not the self-indulgent pretty boys of premier league football, they are the true sportsmen and women, who don't throw a tantrum if they don't earn enough for a new Porche every week.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote