View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 16:56   #39
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Phone cost increasing

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but indeed the £5 option includes all 08x numbers - so 0843, 0844, 0871, 0872 & 0873.

The silly thing, the wholesale termination rates on quite a few of these number ranges are at least 2p/minute - several 0871 providers offer 6-8p/minute revenue-share.

- VM are hoping not everyone uses the full 250 minutes. Quite possible.

- VM are willing to take a loss on this. Can't quite believe this.

- Someone somewhere hasn't done their sums. Keep an offline copy of the VM website!

I still maintain that we should be dealing with the underlying causes of the whole 08x ripoff regime (i.e. refuse to deal with firms who use such numbers, avoid them, campaign for take-up of 03x ranges etc) rather than sticking-plaster the symptoms as this package is... but as a PR exercise, I have to admit it's not bad!
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote