Thread: Traffic Lights.
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2006, 17:18   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Traffic Lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk4u
Do they get managed? EG on approach they turn red, no cars coming from the other direction on red for no reason? Do they have sensors on them? They should do. I'm sure a lot of our traffic problems and road rage would end if traffic lights where managed properly. Surely its not that hard?

Another EG, big queue waiting for green, across the road one car goes across and that's it. And were still waiting?

Is it just me??? Just does not seem to make sense to me?

AFAIK, traffic lights in most towns and cities are controlled by a central computer. As discussed above, they may have sensors (or even cameras in the case of those in London) that are used to adjust the timings as appropriate for the traffic conditions.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote