View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 15:17   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Talking Off to Redemption tomorrow!

Off to sunny (hah!) Sheffield in the company of myriad SF fans, swapping the madness of my workplace for quite a different sort of madness over the weekend.

My fondest Redemption memory is a Blake's 7 Bad Fanfic Workshop; the organisers of this encourage us to utterly take the mick out of the show, usually by playing up its alleged homoerotic elements...and blowing them out of all proportion. On this occasion we had Travis wearing one of Dayna's pink leather outfits, presenting a posy to Tarrant. Avon enters and, on witnessing this delightful tableau, he says...

At this point we ran out of inspiration (if that's the right word!)...until the perfect idea hit me. It's only funny, though, if you saw the very last episode of the show: Avon cries in anguish: "Is it true?! Have you...betrayed me?!"

We were all helpless with laughter for some time afterwards; once we'd calmed down (?), the moderator (if that's the right word) pointed out that it wasn't entirely clear who Avon was addressing...so with a wicked grin, she wrote on the whiteboard: "They both turn to him and cry 'No!'"

Cue more hysterical laughter, plus Earth careering out of orbit due to the excess Coriolis force caused by Terry Nation spinning at warp speed in his grave!

A great crowd; shame it only happens every two years. Still, it's happening this weekend!