View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012, 14:50   #73
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sainsbury's pull out of 'Work for your benefits scheme'

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I could agree with that mostly and i disagree with the scheme, but i am guessing if the guardian journalist that wrote that piece had gone into their local supermarket and the shelves had of been empty they would see the job of stock replenishment as anything but pointless.

We really need to get away from describing some peoples jobs as menial and pointless.

However as i have said if there is a job to be done let the supermarkets pay the going rate.
agreed no jobs pointless all jobs and workers do a duty as a team to a goal. Problem is business bosses have forgot this simple notion. So they rake in the money kick the bigies out of lower staff dont pay there worth.

Bosses goto remember without stackers there no goods to purchase no profits to add.

A stacker who works nights deserves a pay which reflects such. Thus increase wages other staff to reflect there importance to the operation of the company. Fair wage scale for once in there lives.

I agree these schemes are wrong although would be more respected towards them alittle if Tesco or anyother company paid up. My proposal this to take it you keep all benefits all help you get. As reward for this say tesco pays £60 to you as wage plus transport costs. That goes in the claments pocket no taking off them to reduce benefits paid.

Gives these claiments bit pocket money makes them proud not feel like cheap slave labour.

If the above was done then I would be less against it crickey even YTS Scheme gave the youth something for taking it. Even though I thought it was cheap labour it was worth it for the little money you got ontop benefits.

They want the labour then companies pay up.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote