View Single Post
Old 29-05-2008, 07:01   #7454
Hank

Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
We have no idea what is being logged, whether this information is being retained by Phorm or why it is even being sent to Phorm in the first place.
It is simply unacceptable.

Alexander Hanff
Indeed - "We have no idea" because the form calls a routine on the (Phorm owned) server to create the email. In my world of work we do this all the time on web pages, but I think we have no way of knowing what the routine on the Phorm owned server actually does. It could be storing copies of the "Sent" emails or it may be writing the field inputs to a database or it may not. Either way, their probably IS a copy in some form, somewhere, owned by Phorm or accessible to them.

Hank

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
BT have also kept insisting all over the place that they do not send identifiable personal data to Phorm.
Yeah, but they might not send it it might just be collected because users are filling in the form and clicking the button. Effectively their customer/user is sending it using the "Phorm owned form". What appears to be so wrong (to me anyway) is that the form has BT all over it and not "Phorm" - deceptive little ***** - just what we have come to expect of them!

Hank

---------- Post added at 07:01 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
So even 'between' trials, Phorm is intercepting BT user data without their knowledge and passing it through their servers?
Might be stretching the facts to say Phorm are intercepting it. The user is making the input and clicking the send button and it is not being intercepted per se. No, the simple fact seems to be that the page itself and routine behind it on the server "IS PHORM". So, you are right in the sentiments - it's wrong and BT won't like being caught on this further deception...

It just all stinks, like a great big pile of stinking stuff.

Hank