View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 22:09   #70
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'll pay my money to any company which provides me the best service with the channels I require and that is currently Sky.
Totally agree. I was happy with Virgin based on their overall offering however now I've realised it's linear channels I want. Whilst I'll miss catch-up TV, I can still access iPlayer, STV Player, Demand 5 and 4 OD via my laptop hooked up to my TV. Not the best but still free of charge. Also I've finally realised that I really don't need 50Mb broadband. SKY's broadband won't come anywhere near what I've got but I will be able to access Anytime +.

When I think back from when I lived with my parents to now, one way or another I've had access to Telewest / Virgin services for about 16 years. The first time we got cable it was installed on Christmas Eve back in 1995. It was the first time we had access to SKY or any form of pay TV. Some might think this is really sad however the day we got cable was one of the best days I can remember. That day was better than Christmas. We jumped from 4 channel TV to about 50 channels and it was great. Finally I could watch the Simpsons, finally I could watch Rangers live on TV, finally I could watch WWF and finally I could watch some of the biggest fights in boxing. I think it's that kind of memory that built my fondness for cable, Telewest then Virgin. Even when my Mum and Dad switched to SKY I kept cable and then got the internet installed in my bedroom too.

If Virgin could just deliver the things that I'm looking for quicker, they'd genuinely have a customer for life. I think it's visiting forums like these that have highlighted just what I'm missing over at SKY, and how long and drawn out channel launches can be on Virgin with little or no communication to their expecting customers.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote