View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 13:16   #1016
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
'You're listening now, aren't you?' Hilary Benn on Brexiteers' referendum wake-up call

Mr Benn said: “The reason why 52 per cent of the population voted to leave was, for me, about a whole host of things. Yes, migration and immigration and change and jobs and stagnant wages and austerity and sovereignty and a desire not to be told what to do any more by others.
“But I would sum it up as a feeling of ‘we don’t think that you are listening to us’ and if someone was standing on this stage today representing the 52 per cent, they would look everyone in the audience who voted Remain and say ‘you’re listening now, aren’t you?’

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/787...m-wake-up-call
Hilary Benn has also sensibly been pushing the Government about the costs of no deal.
Quote:
Labour MP Hilary Benn, who chairs the committee, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If the government is going to make this assertion that no deal would be better than a bad deal, I think everyone would expect the government to have done some assessment."
He pointed out that farming tariffs, financial services and emergency health care in Europe were all issues that would all "fall by the wayside" with no deal.
"They should make an assessment. Because in the absence of the government explaining what mitigating measures it would take to deal with that outcome, to say that no deal is better than a bad deal is unsubstantiated," said Mr Benn.
He added there is a "balance to be struck" and "a difference between doing the work behind the scenes and making it public".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39482530