View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 20:50   #1011
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
The rich and the powerful will stick together because of their common interests and do whatever they can to secure their long term wellbeing. They're already doing it all over the place by funding one party or another according to what suits them NOT for the common good.
People with a lot of money will always be able to exert control to an extent. I think it's important to separate that behaviour from a conspiracy of world control as if this is organised and planned rather than people reacting to events, often with the short-term in mind.

Also these people also oppose each other. They bankroll opposition parties. Trump and Brexit had elites behind them, as did Clinton and Remain. The interests of Bill Gates and Elon Musk do not gel with the interests of The Koch Brothers or Murdoch.

I would support the public financing of elections to be honest. That would help remove some power from the richest, maybe, or we could support candidates that don't raise much corporate money such as Sanders in the States. Your signature though slams Corbyn as part of this elite, I don't like him and think he is destroying the role of the opposition, but the Tories are far more in tune with those elites you talk of than Corbyn.