View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 20:15   #114
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Although the last Labour government wasn't blameless, continuing to blame them after 7 years is wearing a bit thin Hugh.

A more open and honest way is to throw this back to the public and how much they are prepared to contribute to the increasing demands on the NHS. (sorry another referendum...)

Something along the lines of:-

- contribute no more. The NHS only to provide emergency care, you need private care for anything else (I suspect this is where the Govt. wants to go)

- 1p in the pound more tax. Try and maintain the status quo, with the NHS cutting some non-life threatening treatments.

- 2p more, status quo

- 3p more. More GP's and out of hours service

- 4p more. All singing and dancing 7 days a week NHS providing all care.

Not pretending these are the real figures or level of funding needed but an example of the choice we as the public, not politicians, need to make. Then we couldn't whinge because we'd made the choice.

It would certainly be a more honest approach than the current Govts. i.e. just let the NHS rot, blaming Junior Dr's, GPs, immigrants etc etc. When it collapses bring your private sector mates to the rescue...
Please show me in the post where I blamed the Labour Government - I, in fact, pointed out that the BMA had voted against training more Junior doctors...

btw, it takes around 10 years from beginning medical training to being a GP, so there are no quick and easy answers, but if the BMA had supported more training, half of those qualifying would have been GPs next year, which would have been helpful...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote