View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 19:21   #113
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Is that because the 70% went to A&E instead?
Nope. Listen to the program

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
They slam the doors shut once their daily quota has entered the building?
As above

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Although the last Labour government wasn't blameless, continuing to blame them after 7 years is wearing a bit thin Hugh.

A more open and honest way is to throw this back to the public and how much they are prepared to contribute to the increasing demands on the NHS. (sorry another referendum...)

Something along the lines of:-

- contribute no more. The NHS only to provide emergency care, you need private care for anything else (I suspect this is where the Govt. wants to go)

- 1p in the pound more tax. Try and maintain the status quo, with the NHS cutting some non-life threatening treatments.

- 2p more, status quo

- 3p more. More GP's and out of hours service

- 4p more. All singing and dancing 7 days a week NHS providing all care.

Not pretending these are the real figures or level of funding needed but an example of the choice we as the public, not politicians, need to make. Then we couldn't whinge because we'd made the choice.

It would certainly be a more honest approach than the current Govts. i.e. just let the NHS rot, blaming Junior Dr's, GPs, immigrants etc etc. When it collapses bring your private sector mates to the rescue...
Listen to the program I linked to. the NHS doesn't need more money. It just needs to work properly and also not waste the money we give it.