View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 14:13   #47
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Unstoppable migration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
You two are truly amazing human beings.

Not a thought about the human cost to these people, the enormous risks they have took just to get to these boats without knowing if they'll even get off alive, what they are escaping from and what they may have suffered prior.

No, just selfish rants about how people are economic migrants who must be abusing the system and do not deserve anything other than to be sent home.

Most of these people came from Syria, a country where nearly 75 thousand people died last year. Trying to de-humanise them or score political points wont make a damned difference. You want the flow of migrants to stop? Closing our borders and shouting la-la-la wont help.
You really need to read what I've written on this subject many times before making such a ridiculous statement. I've NEVER stated that all migrants are abusing the system or that all asylum seekers are bogus. Neither have I suggested closing our borders so there's another flaw in your rhetoric. I'm simply pointing out an unpleasant reality and that is that the world is full of deserving and desperate people and until we can do something about that fact this problem will not only never cease, it will grow and more people will take their chances at the hands of traffickers who a) have no thought for their welfare and b) are hardly likely to be telling their paying customers the truth about the risks they are taking. We're doing precious little to stop the causes of the flow of migrants, in fact in some cases we're contributing to the reasons for it. This thread posed a question and you appear to be as long on personal attacks as you are short on ideas for dealing with the problem.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote