Thread: Tivo V6 V6 offer from VM
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 13:25   #32
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: V6 offer from VM

I suspect Virgin are attempting to get rid of most if not all of their legacy boxes.

This cuts maintenance costs - also means all boxes could cope with future system enhancements, possibly cloud recording?

Sky went through a similar process with their 1st generation HD boxes (these were superb if you had upgraded the bits that normally failed - power supply and hard drive) - their rationale being that they didn't want to support these boxes any more and wanted their customers to be able to get the 'full sky experience'.

I had 2 of these, was offered 2 new std HD boxes, managed to get a free new 2Tb box instead of one of these by pointing out I was losing disc space (both mine had 1Tb drives) if I only got 2 std boxes.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote