View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 18:23   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez - 16th September

Can't call it, everyone has Lomachenko as the greatest thing since sliced bread at the moment but a lot like I have done with Joshua, I'm absolutely reserving anything for a bit later. If he beats Rigondeaux though I'll have little choice but to start. That'll be 11 fights and they're not against taxi drivers. That's where he's due credit the most. He hasn't sparred with bums and got himself right amongst it from the get go. Best Amateur record on the planet by a distance but anything can change at any point. I was convinced that Amir Khan would rise to P4P king but setbacks came and poor choices really killed that. Problem Lomachenko has right now is because of the above, he wants the big fights now and nobody decent is willing to risk it against an unknown product with a superb background, that then suffers the other way because he has little interest in padding his record with Journeymen which is leading to trouble setting up fights. Shocked they got this fight. Great for us though, two sensational amateurs and generally unknown quantities in professional boxing stepping off against each other. If I absolutely have to make a call, Lomachenko is arguably the less nervous of the two, his 0 is already gone. Countered by pundits suggesting Rigondeaux is more experienced. I don't know who I want to win either.

The fight is exciting regardless, absolute potential for each fighter to stop the other. What's more interesting is whether Loma moves up to the WW division soon or whether he's going the Pacquiao route. I admired Provodnikov, but Loma has the potential to be miles better and could put away the likes of Bradley, Thurman and Spence.

Pretty fun year though so far, Haye is penned in for December as is Khan. Parker/Fury, Aj VS Wilder/Ortiz could be set up too.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 01-09-2017 at 18:34.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote