View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:49   #48
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
re: Operation Yewtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vieil Homme View Post
Not having studied law but I can tell you when a person comes forward with allegations of sexual abuse and it is found the alleged person is dead no further action is taken. My knowledge comes from voluntary work with Barnardo's and running a website about the old homes of Dr Barnardo's so I do get a few emails alleging abuse of one thing or another.

Two points: I remember seeing the satirical panel game show Have I got News For You where Paul Merton made some scathing remarks about Jimmy Saville and young girls. Angus Deayton as the presenter at the time who also had a few words to say. there is a link if you want to find the script.

My last one was when I had taken some scouts and cubs to Boyed Field Scout Camp, Henlow in the early 80s. I was instructed that the boys were not allowed to be alone with Jimmy Saville if he was seen running around the grounds.

The scouting association don't normally act on word of mouth but good evidence.
Thanks for posting.

I can imagine that the police wouldn't want to do an investigation as he's deceased. Aside from the difficulties that his death poses, they would want to utilise their resources on catching living abusers who are able to face punishment if found guilty.

From what you say, it seems that there were suggestions that he was into underage boys as well. I have read that a lot of paedophiles aren't particularly interested in the sex of the child, it's the fact that it's a child that arouses them.

This link is from a girl who claims that he abused her and others as children. She does not believe that the BBC were aware that it was going on.

The part mentioning this is about halfway down.

It was first posted on 30 July 2010:

http://www.fanstory.com/displaystory.jsp?id=363399
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote