View Single Post
Old 21-06-2008, 04:59   #18
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Application Throttling/Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry@VMedia View Post
God with all this crap that VM & alex BROWN are doing, will they have ANY customers at all by the end of this year / begining of next??

If I find out they are throttling ANY port or application on my "unlimited" broadband, I will tell them exactly WHAT i think of them and the way they are screwing customers, and tell them quite plainly and clearly to stick their rubbish (I'm sure everyone knows the word that would come next) and cancel straight away, and if they dare to chagre, i'll take them to the small claims court!

THEY(vm) are in my eyes the criminals here, ripping people off, stealing back most of what is been sold, then there is the blatant lies, treating its customers like dog chod etc...

Looks like I just like many here will soon be an ex-virgin media customer!!!
I think you are over reacting to Traxs' news.

The Allot system is essentially designed to maximise traffic throughput on certain protocols, prioritising certain types of traffic over others.

Essentially it tries to give an even playing field to all users.

As Trax mentioned for example it could help ping times for certain online gaming such as World of Warcraft, or give priority to other data types at different times.

Lets be upfront here, most people think that VM's problems are down to lack of capacity, the pipe. They think that if you increase the flow, or enlarge the pipe - everything will be ticketyboo. WRONG.

It's simple, if people are taking more than they reasonably should, you should not give them a wider door to go through, no sir. You controll the flow, making it fairer for the majority, that is what the Allot DPI system provides. It gives VM mission critical data to help them manage peoples expectations of traffic flow. This is ultimately what people want, the ability to turn on their PC, do what they have to do then get off.

Virgin Media are not criminals just because you're not happy, they have to manage a massively complicated network with a burgening demand from its customers and all the various content out there.

Trust me when I say this, the problem is global. The bigger the ISP, the bigger the problem. Traffic management isn't a nice to have, its a must have and the quicker we accept this the better.

Can I suggest something though? Leave, leave now.....you're not happy, and this system has been in place for months, possibly a couple of years but VM have never used it, its going to happen, so cut your losses and head off to ADSL land. Be Unlimited seem to offer good packages, and there are other ADSL providers who will provide a premium service for a premium price, that is give you priority traffic at peak times if you pay more - oh wait - that wouldn't be fair in your eyes, sorry.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote