View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 12:50   #666
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
lm would not hold up trutv or Motors TV as a prime example as some channels have always come and gone in the last 20 years.
There's not enough decent content to justify more channels, Den, and people will eventually tire of seeing back to back repeats of repeats of Container Wars, Women Who Kill, Tattoo nightmares and the like. On these dreadful channels, the commercials are the highlight of the evening.

All the good US imports will be sucked up by global operators, such as Netflix and Amazon, with Sky putting on those it can grab onto Sky Atlantic. There will be very few spoils for the other channels other than what they make themselves. The quality (I use the term mockingly) of Channel 5 will deteriorate and there will be nothing at all worth watching on there before long.

It is no longer the case that I get excited by new channels. Given the growth of on demand viewing, it's access to content I look for these days.