View Single Post
Old 14-10-2017, 20:49   #3012
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
There's no official terminology for this, these features are undocumented. Basically it is a bit level on / off switch or 1 bit switching between 0 and 1. The pack codes are left in place, ready to be reactivated after the free period. So not complicated at all.

When VM move channels around, between transport streams, the new location is sometimes "in the clear" for a short period. Possibly something similar happened with Sky Sports.
I suppose they do this as an easy way to check that the EPG is pointing to the correct stream.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScofield View Post
All Asian channels are free for all VM customers this week for Diwali. It says it in the TiVo hotbar.
Thanks; VM's own staff didn't know about this, not that that's anything unusual.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I've yet to see it appear there. Hmm, so VM's justification for making the Islam channels available to all is that it is in celebration of the Hindu Festival of Light? Interesting...
I've not seen it on the Discovery Bar either, perhaps we all see different things dependent on our past viewing habits??

It does seem odd to lump all Asians together!