View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 23:28   #1337
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Obama doesn't grant anything - the Government system does, and has been previously been explained, interim access is given to incoming appointees to enable a handover.

I find it amusing that you're blaming Obama for Trump's pick not filling in his Security clearance forms properly.

As soon as the Trump administration were informed of the issue, by Sally Yates, they started to investigate. Sally Yates was less than clear and had to be contacted again. Investigation makes sense rather than relying on the word of a less than enthusiastic Trump supporter. It seems to me that the process was correctly followed.

It still seems strange to me, that given Obama's reservations, that interim status was allowed. I know Obama doesn't get involved, but as a President with doubts he could have had an input if he was so concerned.