View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 18:47   #19
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky BB fibre product

I only hope with the likes of Sky, BT and hopefully others launching fibre broadband this year they'll also pump tv down the wires so that we have a choice of cable tv providers too rather than just one.

Sky's satellite service is great until a storm arrives... I want a choice of "wired" tv providers in the same way that there is a massive choice in ISPS. Plus with Freeview finally going it "alone" in London this year with the analogue signals axed, they'll finally be a decent signal coming through the aerials too.

Choice is good, isn't it?

Sky are and always have been very aggresive, I wonder if they'll take the fight to VM and launch a full blown cable tv (IPTV) service to compete against VM. They can only do that on stable fibre lines.

I don't think Sky's fibre service is so much to do with broadband as it is to do with offering their tv service via a different delivery method.