View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 20:28   #5434
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
OK. Thanks Kush. Nearly there. Just a couple of gaps to fill.

1. Should I have the ASUS connected to the Shub via the ASUS WAN or a LAN port?
WAN port.

Quote:
2. I take it that the ASUS will switch of its DHCP function automatically. If not I assume I have to switch it off. (BTW I have factory restored the ASUS, so I guess I'll have to update the firmware whilst I am in there..
It won't be automatic, you'll need to manually disable it - under Advanced Settings/WAN -> DHCP server. Disable it.

Quote:
3. I want to restore my VPN as before, whilst knowing that the public IP will change. Do I need to anything to the SHUB to allow VPN through? e.g. DMZ the ASUS IP....... etc. Will the VPN user still use the same credentials, i.e. the public IP or wil lthey need to add the ASUS IP too?
Having the Asus in the DMZ should be enough. Obviously your external IP will differ so they'll need to connect to that, but that's it - as long as everything else is the same, just the IP will be all they need.

Quote:
4. The Shub is also not allowing through video streamed via KODI using FTP from Livedrive. I see nothing that helps with this in the advanced settings.
I'll need more info on this, there's nothing the SHUB will be blocking by default, you might need to forward some ports if it's an internal device or something. Not sure what Livedrive is, so I'm a bit at a loss there.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote