View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 11:33   #5432
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I put the ASUS in DMZ using the IP allocated by the SHUB having disabled DHCP. I am assuming that I connect the ASUS using one of its LAN ports. It appears connected to the SHUB and is still dishing out WiFi. Unfortunately I cannot access the ASUS user interface, whether I connect through ASUS WAN or LAN.
Ah yes, sorry I missed this part. The asus has an access IP of 192.168.1.1 but the SHUB is dishing out IP addresses on 192.168.0.1 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0, which is a fancy way of saying they can't "see" each other. Easy enough to fix though!

On your PC/laptop, go to your IP settings and temporarily set a static IP of something like 192.168.1.50 with a subnet of 255.255.0.0

You should be able to access the assus on 192.168.1.1 again (Possibly nothing else though). Log in and change its access IP to something like 192.168.0.200 (Basically you just want it far away from the DHCP lease range the superhub is dishing out, to avoid conflicts, but on the same subnet).

Once you've done that you'll probably lose access from your PC again. Just switch it's IP back to dynamic, give it a minute and you should be able to access the asus on the IP you've assigned it as well as everything else on your network.

Pay careful note of the 3rd octet in the steps above, the Asus is currently on .1 and you need your PC to be on .1 to be able to "see" it but you want everything to be on .0 as that is what the superhub is on.

Last edited by Kushan; 02-08-2016 at 11:41.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote