View Single Post
Old 31-12-2003, 10:37   #10
squiggs1982
Inactive

squiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the roughsquiggs1982 is a jewel in the rough
Re: problems with o2 netowork anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb31
yep, its on contract but O2 say i have to pay for new sim card......cant wait till contract runs out I hate o2!!! roll on May!!!
Hmm... I'd actually be inclined to get on the phone to them and suggest that it's a material breach of contract and that they will have to send you a replacement sim for free or you'll stop paying them!

With text messages, it might not actually be, but generally the only thing that doesn't constitute a material breach is if your handset stops working, believe it or not! There's nearly always a clause which states the handset does not form part of the contract. However, o2 have an obligation to supply you with a service and they must supply you with the appropriate means to do so. If you had damaged the sim card, that would be another story, but what they are saying is the same as your cable modem breaking down and ntl charging you £150 to replace it while still billing you for a service you cannot use!

Threaten em with the lawyer, usually works if you sound as if you know what your talking about!
squiggs1982 is offline   Reply With Quote