View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 11:42   #9
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Re: Drought summit as rivers in England dry up

Paying more for our water will not solve the problem in the short term - It will only make the share holders more profit. We should have a national grid for water, e.g. pipe it down from the North or Scotland, more underground aquifiers are required in the chalk downs of Sussex.

I live in the north part of Kent and I am supplied by Southeast water which has the majority of its water underground.

I have noticed that most of our streams volume goes into the rivers which in turn goes into the sea. What a waste.... I believe that all the South-east is to be water metered by the end of 2014. Then watch the price go up and up and up just like the Gas and Electricity companies do!!!
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote