View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 02:36   #69
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal - Would you be opting out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev View Post
did you read what i said?

from what i can tell, its another ad serving network just with a different way of making the targeted ads. dont want to see them? add the domains to whatever ad blocker you use just like you do with google ads. they aren't magical ads that aren't blockable
You are missing the issue here - Your web surfing, all sites you ever visit, get tracked and this information passed on to a third party by your own ISP regardless of any 'Spyware' blocking software you have active and sitting in your systray. I don't think people are actually worried about the advert being shown process, we can all block an ad if we wanted to, but its how the whole thing is being done, before that ad is being served that is quite ludicrous.