View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 18:18   #1
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Unhappy Help installing msxml.msi

HELP.......

I seem to have a problem after installing rise of nations, when I rebooted it gave me an error message about not having msxml installed properly. I had a look around but it didn't seem to affect anything, then I went to play the game I had installed and it gave the error message again.

After spending some time on Google and Microsoft's website, I found it is a known bug and that if I install file msxml.msi from their website all should be well.

The problem seems to come when it has downloaded and tries to open the file. According to Microsoft's website I need Windows Installer 2.0 or later for the installation. It then gives details on how to download this program if you are on ME/98/95 or NT4 but says that if you are an XP user then there is no need.

Great I thought but no. When it down loads it says that windows doesn't recognise the file type and sends me to the Internet to look for a program to open it with. Sure enough the windows website doesn't have a listing for *.msi

I'm stuck, any of you guys managed to install one of these files??

Any and all help gratefully received.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote