View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 14:48   #11
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: virgin's netgear router and cable modem problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kturnbull4 View Post
thought i had fixed the problem but now i have to refresh every morning or after it has been inactive for a while is there any way i can keep the modem and router live so i dont have to refresh all the time
Ah, just noticed this, sorry i missed it. It sounds as though the router and modem aren't to blame for becoming "inactive". Windows can and does switch things off to save power for you, however it is not all that great at turning them back on once they are needed again. To remedy this, and disable power saving on your ethernet card, follow these instructions:

Click the Start orb.
Right click "Network" and select "Properties". This will bring up the Network and sharing centre.
On the right pane click "Manage network connections".
In the new windows that appears, right click on your networking adaptor (The ethernet card in this case) and select "Properties"
In the newest window, click "Configure".
Now, go to the "Power Management" tab across the top.
Untick the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
Now, click Apply, then Ok.
Click Ok on any windows needed, to apply the settings.

You should now have sorted the problem once and for all.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote