View Single Post
Old 22-02-2012, 16:48   #69
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Incorrect. Most single thread tests get within 90% of my max speed most times of day. Only on VM is it unlikely, and even then only on higher tariffs. Take a look at the OFCOM reports where they compare single vs. multithreaded speeds. VM sees the biggest loss in speed going from multithreaded to singlethreaded but the drop is on average usually less than 20%. Most other ISPs lose less than 10%.
not in the form i mean it, i meant that statement in teh form that since no speed test i know works on teh basis of limiting users takign the test deendent ont eh cjonnection spee dof the server testing and the amount of user conection conencting then no single thread one will ever give a true speed, i dnt doubt it can i have gotten the proper speed forma single thread test before but as you has said it down to congestion and that is wha ti was saying ina weird way, but nto jsut ocngestion on virign line and backhual but also the speed test site line
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote