View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 20:01   #62
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
There is no speed test that will be able to truly give a single thread test no matter what tiem of the day, no one has unlimited bandwidht or should i say backhual ie line speed intot he server which i suspect is gbit or 10gbit for thinkbroadband with peopel getting faster and faster conention they would ned to match that upgrade in speed but dnt or cant oen of the two

end of the day tbb can measure yoru speed of 100mb on single thread but it has to be when they are suffering congestion no one can get uncongested networks unless they pay for it and that costs millions because oyu need seprerate server runnign on ther eown decicated lines

does that explain it i hope i havent been partonaising
No, you you are never patronising.

You have answered my question though. Inability to counteract congestion for testing purposes seems to be a fatal flaw. TBB cannot use the monitoring tool installed on my PC, and thousands of others, as the basis for a national survey of comparative ISP speeds. Does anyone actually disagree with this conclusion? If so, on what basis?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote