Thread: Boxing 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 19:41   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Boxing 2012

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16450797.stm

Quote:
World Boxing Association president Gilberto Mendoza has called for a rematch of the bout between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson.

Khan lost his WBA and IBF titles to Peterson in Washington DC in December but has questioned a number of aspects of the fight, including an unknown man seen talking to the judges.

"It generates a lot of controversy. There should be a rematch," said Mendoza.
Quote:
The Bolton fighter claimed the man talked to WBA supervisor Michael Welsh and also celebrated with Peterson after his win.

However, when contacted by BBC Sport, Welsh refused to answer any questions about the mystery man or what was said.

Mendoza added that the man claimed to be an IBF official but his true identity is not known to the WBA, and that Welsh was ignored when he raised concerns about the man at ringside.

"Welsh was concerned about the gentleman being around him and couldn't get the coordination to do his job properly during the fight," said Mendoza. "He said he was totally ignored by the commission in Washington."

Khan's business manager, Asif Vali, said that they had written to the boxing authorities for explanations to several areas of concern.
Quote:
"These are legitimate questions and if they give us sufficient reasons for it then I'll accept it. I want to see what the reasons are.

"We're not saying there is foul play involved in any way, shape or form. I just need the answers for the sequence of events that have taken place. Nothing else.