View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 13:57   #696
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
The thing is, how would they profit? Obama was not allowed to stand, and if the Democrats were caught profiting from it, even if they had won, the presidency would have been tainted. They didn't win, but it's entirely possible that if they were caught, they may still be tainted, and lose the next election as well.

In short, while I don't claim either political party is innocent, and I don't believe that of any politician, I think the potential risks of wiretapping a presidential candidate outwiegh the potential benefits, both for the sitting president and his party.

On the other hand, Trump needs something to distract people from the rumours of his own campaign staff having links with a foreign power, and the various courts overturning his ban.
Good points.