View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 13:31   #693
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I think you will find, Obama Administration has been reported to have form when it comes to spying games. Spying on their own allies, France, The WTO, UN's Ban Ki Moon, so why not Donald Trump ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ry-clinton-ban
The thing is, how would they profit? Obama was not allowed to stand, and if the Democrats were caught profiting from it, even if they had won, the presidency would have been tainted. They didn't win, but it's entirely possible that if they were caught, they may still be tainted, and lose the next election as well.

In short, while I don't claim either political party is innocent, and I don't believe that of any politician, I think the potential risks of wiretapping a presidential candidate outwiegh the potential benefits, both for the sitting president and his party.

On the other hand, Trump needs something to distract people from the rumours of his own campaign staff having links with a foreign power, and the various courts overturning his ban.