View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 14:40   #1132
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
With the Formula 1 contract with Sky a few years away i think Sky will be hard to get it back with Liberty Media buying the Formula 1 out i think we should get 4k soon i hope
LGI and Liberty Media are separate companies so F1 will have to sell it to the best bidder which at the moment seems to be the highest bidder. But F1 could put stipulations into the contract to ensure wider distribution of 4K on all platforms.

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree. My box is on its last legs now. It has frozen in the middle of a programme I recorded on two recent occasions. Each time, the box started a re-boot, failed within seconds, started again, failed and so on in a loop it could not seem to escape. Unplugging it for a couple of minutes sorted it out, but sooner or later it will pack up. For this reason, I am banking on the new boxes being available to all of us on 1 December.

I am inquiring on Monday whether I can book a new box for December, but I think I know what the answer will be. That is, that I will have to wait until the launch before placing a booking. I hope I'm wrong.
I would kick up a fuss if I were you. I'm sure the box will be for new customers at the start but you can always say you'll write to consumers' champions at the newspapers etc.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote