View Single Post
Old 16-02-2017, 14:44   #1005
pgnl
Inactive

Services: VM BB (Since Jan 2001) Hub 3.0/Modem Mode, WDTV, Roku, FireTV, Apple TV 4
pgnl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgnl View Post
I am in the same situation (100 to 150), originally my account promised the upgrade Oct 2015, then Nov 2015, then Feb 2016, Apr 2017 then Feb 2017. I have complained about this to them and managed eventually to get a £10 discount on my bill (I am BB only) for 18 months.

I rang last month about slow speeds which they did actually fix as promised within their stated time frame. I mentioned at the time about the speed increase and he said it would happen (per my account Feb 2017), I would get a new SH (I have a SH1 in modem mode) and no need to re-contract. He sent me a new ethernet cable to try and quell my irritation!

I have no idea whether to believe him or not, time will tell, but I wont be surprised if my account changes to Feb 2020. Hardly worth holding your breath for. When my discount ends I will write a letter of complaint again, that usually gets them on the phone to you..

It is one of my longstanding complaints of being with VM, is that they are not even-handed or even totally honest with their customers. Drives me nuts.

Patrick
You couldn't make it up my account now says July 2015 to July 2015!

See attachment..

Patrick

.... Later I rang up and had a good moan. I was told that VM no longer offer 150 service, I said why does the Post Code checker say mine is due now and also why did my account say it was due this month but now says July 2015. I was told I could have a free speed upgrade but no new Superhub - I don't think I need one anyway as I use Modem mode, so not too bothered.

As I said above my longstanding complaints of being with VM, is that they are not even-handed or even totally honest with their customers. Why deliberately **** off a happy customer by going back on a promise? makes no sense at all...

No speed upgrade yet - I was told wait 24 hours... I really shouldn't have be dubious about everything I am told by this **** organisation..

While I am at it - what happened about the announcement ages ago that customer superhubs would form part of their wider wifi network.

Its all gone quiet on that front too...

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (29.6 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by pgnl; 16-02-2017 at 15:50.
pgnl is offline   Reply With Quote