View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 11:43   #1004
pgnl
Inactive

Services: VM BB (Since Jan 2001) Hub 3.0/Modem Mode, WDTV, Roku, FireTV, Apple TV 4
pgnl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Already went that route last month and I was promised it would arrive this month..but then it's been promised all through the months of April ,May etc of 2016.
I am in the same situation (100 to 150), originally my account promised the upgrade Oct 2015, then Nov 2015, then Feb 2016, Apr 2017 then Feb 2017. I have complained about this to them and managed eventually to get a £10 discount on my bill (I am BB only) for 18 months.

I rang last month about slow speeds which they did actually fix as promised within their stated time frame. I mentioned at the time about the speed increase and he said it would happen (per my account Feb 2017), I would get a new SH (I have a SH1 in modem mode) and no need to re-contract. He sent me a new ethernet cable to try and quell my irritation!

I have no idea whether to believe him or not, time will tell, but I wont be surprised if my account changes to Feb 2020. Hardly worth holding your breath for. When my discount ends I will write a letter of complaint again, that usually gets them on the phone to you..

It is one of my longstanding complaints of being with VM, is that they are not even-handed or even totally honest with their customers. Drives me nuts.

Patrick
pgnl is offline   Reply With Quote