View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 20:58   #23
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: SKY employees friends and family codes

Well that's me all signed up and ready to go. TV installation date is the 20th December with my phone and broadband being installed on the 15th January.

SKY confirmed I will have SKY fibre in my area by April. Once it's rolled out I can upgrade and get it for half price for the remaining 8 months of my contract! Until then I'll have speeds between 11mb and 18mb. Even if it's less than this then I'm not too bothered. I'm only paying £3.75 per month for my unlimited broadband anyway.

I'm really looking forward to having a wide selection of channels, a wide selection of HD channels and SKY's dedicated 3D channel. I am also looking forward to having almost all new channels from launch instead of waiting years and years for them.

Whilst TiVo is a great little box all it really does is makes the best of what you've got. TiVo did unearth some gems but in the end I wanted better. The value I'm getting from SKY, and the behaviour of the person from Virgin the other night has put any doubt I had about this move right out of my head.

As a boxing fan I'll finally be able to catch everything I want to see. I'm finally be able to get Premier Sports, I'll now be able to watch the live free shows from Goodwin Promotions on Primetime and just announced today I will be able to watch the 6 live shows Frank Maloney is televising via Loaded TV on SKY channel 200. Not only that I can enjoy more boxing in HD and finally I'll be able to watch my favourite sport in 3D too.

Oh and the wife is over the moon about finally getting access to SKY Atlantic. I know it sounds cheesy however I have genuinely been excitied about the prospect of SKY being installed for about the past 24 hours.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote