Thread: UK Timeline My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2011, 23:28   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Saw this on 4oD..So sad seeing the way they keep being moved off the sites they have bought to use as a base to live on and some of the children have never known any other home.

Not enough government sanctioned sites available so it's going to keep happening.
Not enough government sanctioned sites? *If* they followed procedure and tried to work within the system (by applying for planning permission and paying taxes for instance), I don't think they'd have any problem. In fact the system would probably protect them.

We had a problem with travelers a few years back. They parked up in my local station car park, and would frequently abuse not only the commuters who wished to use the car park to park in, but the commuters who had the temerity to walk past it (as they had to to use the station).

Now, I have to admit, I don't think even if the travelers became legit then people would suddenly accept them, but the system would protect them if they became legit.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Some may do, but then I'd never normally actually ask ANYONE be they traveller,gypsy or you whether they pay taxes or not or pry into anyone's finances uninvited..

As no one asked those questions in the programme I can't say at present.Maybe the questions will be asked in the future episodes.I do know that they bought the sites on which they were being moved from on the grounds that they had no building permission..
Based upon things I have heard both in the programme, and from other sources, I suspect that filming will have to stop fairly quickly if any member of the crew had asked anything about the taxes paid or income.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote