View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:58   #10
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Phone line totally dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arborlinden View Post
My phone has been dead for nearly a week. Reported fault by email and received confirmation that the "engineers were on the case". Heard no more until I send a request for progress report and received an email saying that they had "checked the line and it was OK but if I was still having trouble I should reply to email giving times when I would be available for service call. did this 24 hours ago.: no response.
In the past when I have had phone trouble, it has gone dead before, NTL has either fixed it externally or arranged a service call quite quickly. Now that Virgin Media provides has taken over it seems to me that their customer service is much worse that NTL's used to be. To be without a phone for a week can be very serious especially if you are old with a medical condition it could be a matter of life or death. Of course i have a Virgin Media mobile so the longer they delay fixing my land line the more £20.00 top-ups I am having to make to my Mobile and since my mobile reports "limited service" half the time trying to use it can involve standing outside the house in my dressing gown
Any on else find that Virgin Media is any but a "service"
A little over the top, if your elderly and need the phoneline you can register with virgin as a lifeline customer where they have to respond to your phoneline in 4 hours. If you asked a neighbour to use their phone or used your mobile to call the 0845 number you'd have saved yourself alot of time and money
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote