View Single Post
Old 28-03-2017, 12:49   #685
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 to be triggered: 2 DAYS FROM NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I don't. Voting leave meant leave, not partial leave or half in half out, voting out meant exactly that for me and I do not regret it, I care little for the negative nonsense from some remainers, which includes you, so if it is a hard brexit, so be it. We need to cut ties to a corrupted, failing entity, staying in it, makes no sense whatsoever.
I'm not saying a fudge is right or wrong, that's a different debate.
I do think The Daddy is correct in predicting that a fudge will happen. None of your posts suggests why a fudge is unlikley, it just revisits the arguments of June 2016 with a couple of potshots in there for good measure.
In support of a fudge happening, it's to do with the fact that regulatory agencies can't be set up in the timescales required. As reported in the press today, the government is now privately admitting that no deal is unacceptable and would cause havoc. These two factors suggest a fudge.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Quote:
MPs 'walk out' in protest at 'too gloomy' Brexit report
A source said Labour chairman Hilary Benn had tried to "bounce" members into accepting a 155-page report into the government's Brexit White Paper.
BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said the source said it was so "gloomy" it could not be allowed to stand.
Pro-Remain MP Mr Benn's office has been contacted for a response.
According to the source, there had been no consultation on the report with the rest of the committee before Mr Benn put it forward to a vote.
The Exiting the European Union Committee was appointed by the House of Commons to scrutinise the expenditure, administration and policy of the Department for Exiting the European Union.
It has a 21-strong membership, made up of MPs from all parties, including Labour, the Conservatives, the Scottish National Party, Liberal Democrats, Plaid Cymru and the Democratic Unionist Party.
Mr Benn was elected to lead the new select committee last October, beating Leave campaigner and fellow Labour MP Kate Hoey to the job.
The role of select committees, which interview witnesses and produce reports to check the work of different areas of government, has increased in profile in recent years.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39417715

Last edited by 1andrew1; 28-03-2017 at 12:55.