View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:13   #59
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Saddam To Be Hanged

[Quote:Originally Posted by Xaccers
Sounds exactly like the BBC to me, after all, when the American Engineers were captured at the start of the war, the BBC made comments that if they were willing to tell the Iraqi's on television what towns they were from then they were likely to be willing to tell operational secrets.
The BBC makes me sick sometimes with it's lack of impartiality and just plain poor jounalism.

The BBC must be doing something right - everybody (left, right, liberal, libertarian) think they are biased against their viewpoint.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_New...ns_of_BBC_News
"The BBC is regularly accused by the government of the day of bias in favour of the opposition and, by the opposition, of bias in favour of the government. Similarly, during times of war, the BBC is often accused by the UK government, or by strong supporters of British military campaigns, of being overly sympathetic to the view of the enemy. This gave rise, in 1991 during the first Gulf War, to the satirical name "Baghdad Broadcasting Corporation". Conversely, some of those who style themselves anti-establishment in the United Kingdom or who oppose foreign wars have accused the BBC of pro-establishment bias or of refusing to give an outlet to "anti-war" voices. Some have argued that a current of anti-BBC thinking exists in many parts of the political spectrum and that, since the BBC's theoreticalimpartiality means they will broadcast many views and opinions, people will see the bias they wish to see. This argument is buttressed by the fact that the BBC is frequently accused of bias by all opinions in a dispute."
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote