View Single Post
Old 14-10-2023, 10:53   #1
itm
cf.member

itm is an unknown quantity at this point
Grappling with RF modulator and HDHomeRun

I use a HDHomeRun to make my Freeview channels available for viewing on Android devices around the house. It's been working well, but I've just thrown a spanner into the works by introducing an RF modulator into the loop (to allow me to watch an additional HDMI-connected device using the same method).
The RF modulator is interfering with the main TV signal, so that the HDHomeRun is now only able to detect around 20% of the available channels (and none of the HD channels). This is the model that I have:
https://tdigroup.co.uk/product/technoma ... modulator/

The guys at HDHomeRun support have told me that "something is generating an extremely strong signal at 48MHz to the point that spikes from the harmonics are visible at every multiple of 48 up to 768MHz".
That sounds like the RF modulator, as I currently have it set to operate on channel 21 (474MHz). I have tried switching the RF modulator to other channels (27, 43, 69), and also tried reducing its output by -5db, but it doesn't seem to help.
I was wondering whether any RF signal gurus could advise on how best to fix this?

My terrestrial TV signal is currently delivered from Crystal Palace, over these channels I believe:
22 482MHz
23 490MHz
25 506MHz
26 514MHz
28 530MHz
30 546MHz

Last edited by itm; 14-10-2023 at 11:13.
itm is offline   Reply With Quote