View Single Post
Old 21-06-2008, 00:13   #1
TraxData

Services: 25/25 Symetrical.
Application Throttling/Management

Ok,

As a certain someone has nagged me about this...and others wanting to know where the future holds for VM as far as this goes.

As i have mentioned a few weeks or so back VM have been trialling application throttling/management in lab 3 (for those interested, this is just a name to represent the area where the trial is going on, not an actual lab)

Currently through the trial Usenet ports (including SSL) are throttled (reducing speeds down to 512k)

This, is, as far as one is aware going to be used for both in and out of peak hours for whoever they see "fit" as a heavy user.

I'm sure some of you noticed "Allot" was mentioned in another thread on here and i've had a few people asking me what this is.

It's currently what VM are using to trial application/throttling/management and is to be deployed across the VM network fully sometime either third quarter 2008 or first quarter 2009, the dates are unknown/rough ideas right now as things are being kept quiet over @ VM headquarters.

Now before any of you shout at me or anything i wasnt going to release this information until *certain people within VM* thought it would be amusing to try and release information about me on certain sites, and no this is not revenge on them, but i have had a few people asking me to release this information.

Anyway...you can view more about Allot over at http://www.allot.com/index.php?optio...&id=2&Itemid=4

I would note there is ALSO a seperate trial going on while controls ports speciifcally for games (Wow etc) which affect the pings for said games.

I will add more information to this thread over the coming weeks (i have ALOT going on right now, so dont moan about lack of info just yet)

Just to add, this will be a part of their FUP and completely seperate to STM.