View Single Post
Old 30-11-2016, 15:50   #1617
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
Anyone know if the V6 will be available for self install. ? £49.95 will do me, don't fancy paying installation fee. And I guess the £14.99 activation fee will apply, so that's £65 in total.

Regarding streaming. Is this correct... ? If I move our current Tivo to our bedroom, and connect it to the router with ethernet cable. And have a V6 downstairs.

With this set up. Will we then be able to watch programs that were recorded on the Tivo upstairs, on our set up downstairs. ?
Yes, mate. As I understand it, that would work as both boxes would be connected to your router

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
This article suggests that transferring settings and recordings is possible:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...h/ba-p/3269538
Would they do this if I no longer wanted my current Tivo though?

I'm thinking of getting two V6s to replace my current Tivo downstairs and V+HD upstairs. Before taking the old Tivo away, do you think they would left me transfer data?
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote