View Single Post
Old 30-11-2016, 15:34   #1613
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong1 View Post
Rob, doesn't your TV have Netflix and YouTube in 4K already? I'm genuinely confused who these people are who need another box for these services, except for the nice-but-hardly-essential benefit of being able to search across the different services - on demand and broadcast.
There are still many people who just have a conventional TV, a proportion of whom also have a set top box.

Although the V6 is 4k, it is likely that it will replace the existing Tivo altogether at some point, and so there will still be a lot of people who would appreciate having Netflix and Amazon on their set top boxes.

However, I agree that if you have a 4K TV, you will also have these apps on there. There will still be the advantage that you can search just the once to see if the programme you are looking for is available from your recordings, broadcast linear TV, Netflix, etc.

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Sorry OB, you cannot stream from current Tivo to V6 over Wi-Fi. The current Tivo doesn't have Wi-Fi capabilities. This would have to be done with Ethernet cables.

V6 to V6 can be done via Wi-Fi, which s what's making me think about getting two if they are £49.95 each for higher package customers. This would give 12 tuners and 2TB storage :-)
Yes, as soon as I sent that message, I thought that as the old Tivos did not have wi-fi, cabling was the only answer. If VM don't offer cabling up as part of the service, I'll pass on that one!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote