View Single Post
Old 30-11-2016, 14:23   #1610
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

They could at least have announced 4K movies through Virgin Movies. Sky Cinema and Sky Store are not the only source for 4K movies. Amazon have a lot , some free, some chargeable, for streaming through their app. Google Play will soon have 4K movies and shows too.

The clue is in the statement about Virgin customers not demanding 4K football. They clearly see themselves as the cheap subscription TV service and are prepared to cede the high spending customer to Sky.

4K is clearly a "tick-list item" for them at this time, hoping that those who are not that interested in a premium TV service and don't do much research will see it on their adverts and assume equivalence.

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
Virgin Media should have streamed the event live but they didn't bother i wonder how long before the boxes start rolling out i have a 4k tv all ready so would like to try a box this tivo box that i have 4 weeks is still as slow as the replacement was
Rob, doesn't your TV have Netflix and YouTube in 4K already? I'm genuinely confused who these people are who need another box for these services, except for the nice-but-hardly-essential benefit of being able to search across the different services - on demand and broadcast.
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote