View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 17:17   #72
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Marine killer deserves clemency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I always thought the only rule of war was to kill the enemy.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
I know others have different opinions than me, & I would respect that opinion, provided the person has been & seen the same as me. Mr Angry, how many years have we had differing opinions re N.I.? Paratroopers are not street cops, they are highly trained & motivated shock troops. We train these men for front line action requiring overwhelming firepower & surprise.

It was stupid to put them on the street that day. It was a recipe for disaster. I believe I told you the same a while ago, we all knew they wouldn't take ****. I was a 20 year old lad on rapid reaction when the crap hit the fan.

Although N.I. & Iraq etc are different, clothes, culture, religion, abodes, country, etc, they share one fact, insurgents don't wear a uniform. So, who is the enemy?? They both detonate explosives, both kill their own people, women & children, to kill a soldier.

It is extremely difficult to keep an open mind when you see the bodies of your mates, or the aftermath of a bombing. I believe its a credit to most soldiers that they don't seek revenge, but, back on topic, this Marine broke the rules & he will pay the price. But allowance should be made, because he was trained to kill, without compassion, by his government.
And those who are quick to condemn him will never understand that if they have never served and put there neck on the line.

How many here are condemning this soldier when they have never served and therefor will never ever understand what it is like to put yourself in the position he was in, Weeks and weeks watching your mates die by people who don't give a toss for the Geneva convention in the first sodding place.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
no but some here want him to

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote