View Single Post
Old 15-08-2016, 12:01   #26
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Well said.

It is a bit worrying and dare I say it a bit Stasi like.

Quote:
Andrew Allison, of The Freedom Association libertarian group, said: ‘There’s a risk of online vigilantism, where people who are offended by the least thing will have a licence to report it to the police.’
Quote:
Frank Furedi, emeritus professor of sociology at the University of Kent, said: ‘Police are becoming moral arbiters rather than dealing with real issues that threaten our security.’
Quote:
The London Mayor’s City Hall headquarters has advertised for a civilian programme manager who will be paid up to £52,455 – twice what a PC earns – to co-ordinate the project.
Quote:
Social media giants such as Twitter and Facebook – which do not always comply with police requests to obtain users’ details – will be asked to help fund a ‘community’ element to the unit, in which volunteers ‘skilled in the use of social media’ will ‘identify, report and challenge online hate material’.
It is feared that this will lead to large numbers of comments being reported to social media providers or police as inappropriate, even if they were only meant jokingly or had no malicious intent.

It will be supported by an army of volunteers trained to seek out anything they deem inappropriate on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-trolls.html

Yes yes I know its the Fail but...

Just imagine, now that there's the will and the way, the amount of people with a grudge or some reason good enough for them to 'report someone to the Stasi police.

We used to joke about the poor people living in places like Russia/East Germany and chortle about how that would never happen here, well... it's getting closer all the time.

Still not convinced I'm not in WTF Earth, my Earth seemed to disappear 30 years ago.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote