Thread: 4K New deal
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2024, 09:02   #15
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: New deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What are you on about? I was just trying to reassure Vince and others on here that the 360 was a perfectly decent piece of kit. Although I liked the TiVo technology, I was not wedded to it as some seem to be on here.

While the V6s are likely to be around for a while yet, it is unlikely to carry any further enhancements, such as new streaming services, etc.

As for ‘my disappointment’ with my 2035 prediction - why would I be? It’s simply a prediction - we are not even half way there yet and the streamers are fast ascending in their popularity at the expense of the TV channels. That is exactly what I said would happen. You are the one obsessed with this, not me!
I was responding to your claim:

Quote:
As time goes on, changes will come at a speedier pace, and we all need to get used to this.
I see no real evidence that this is actually true. Television is a well developed technology. Flashes in the pan come and go - (3D, curved TVs) - but fundamentally all that changes is they get bigger, higher resolution. Dated standards (and set top boxes) persist even in the face of superior technology.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote