View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48   #24
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Harrogate - Slow and intermittent

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
If he cant fix the fault then it needs escalating.
Of course, if the new shub does fix the problem, why waste everyone's time escalating it? We don't know which modem Jennc has. If it's a really old one (she's been with NTL for 10 years so it's possible) then the shub may well be needed.

Quote:
The shub isnt the magical cure for every single fault; it doesnt fix problems, it makes them. The engineer will probably want to swap your modem for a shub when he comes round anyway and I strongly recommend you dont let him.
You are welcome to your opinion but your bias against the shub is obvious so I think that your opinion should be taken in that context.

Yes, I know there are some problems with the shub but I have just got a new shub here and am not having any problems with it.

Quote:
I hope everything gets sorted for you.
Indeed.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote