View Single Post
Old 19-08-2017, 11:50   #141
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: US: Violent clashes Charlottesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't even care that much about a statue because I've never see it or have to live near it but I am frustrated by people's unwillingness to understand why honouring confederate leaders and symbols upsets people.
Alt-Rights see this as the thin end of the wedge so have put a line in the sand. Society moves and history is not told by statues.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Good documentary from Vice on Charlottesville
The mainstream media’s reaction to the march on the day felt like they were being taken by surprise but Vice was very well prepared
“It really is a triumph of old fashioned beat reporting,” said Josh Tyrangiel, executive vice-president of news at Vice. “She is able to distinguish between the different groups and the fact that she is capable of understanding them gives them some trust that she takes them seriously.”
FT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote